Options

270 Express Cruiser 2006 For Sale - $34,900 Candian Funds

Great condition, less than 400 hrs on the engine. 

Includes Standard Horizon GPS, Tonneau Cover, safety equipment and more.  Contact okuloskiconsulting@sympatico.ca

Boat is in the Hamilton Ontario area.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Canadian funds less than US funds?
  • Options
    seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭

Yes, I believe if you converted to US funds it is around 26000 to 27000.  I don't have the exchange rate handy at the moment.

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Exchange rate close to 20% at most bank in Canada.
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    I should have said we Canadian pay 20% more for U.S. Funds
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    then you have to bring it into the US- what happens then? Sounds like a good deal however with what we know...
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

The exchange rate today was 31%. That is, for every Canadian dollar an American would get $1.31 US. Canadian boats are a REAL value for Americans now as is our gas. A lot of Americans were gassing and dieseling up at Canadian marinas this week. 30+% on the exchange, 91 octane in non-leaded (guaranteed) and a bigger Canadian gallon mean a fantastic deal for Americans.....and why not, eh?  BTW I am REAL glad that the Canadian and American dollars were at par when we bought our EC 360 as I sure could not afford one at today's Canadian prices!

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about getting it back t the US, import fees?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the boat is used ( and probably even new) there should be no import fees because the boat was manufactured in N.A. and NAFTA would apply. You might face state tax fees. When I import a manufactured product from the U.S. into Canada I do not pay duty on it if it was made in the U.S.A. I pay a Provincial (State) tax. Of course an American would have to pay to transport a Canadian boat to where he/she lived but as we have discussed on this forum that's not that expensive. The bonus is that Canadian boats would be 90% fresh water and possibly lower hours due to the 6 month season. The big deal for Americans would be the value of their dollar at around a 30% premium - that's pretty awesome (for you guys)!