Options

Replacing Indirect Lighting

DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
So I replaced my battery zapping indirect lights with UV LED's this past weekend....I like them...What do you guys think?
No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet. Was it much of a pain to swap them out?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

It was pretty easy, the hardest part was getting the type of lights that I got to stick. I got side emitting lights and the sticky part is on a very thin film. Next weekend I'm going to pull them down and put 2 faced tape in then stick the to the tape. That should be a much better solution.

The old lights are held in place with staples and sometimes you've got to yank pretty hard to get the off but it's pretty easy.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. This has been on my wish list. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Sounds like the ones I switched to.  I went with HitLights.  A 16 foot roll runs about $10. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    CaptianDanCaptianDan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Nice job guys looks awesome!  Added to my wish list... :#

"Pipe Dream"
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    2 x 350 MAG MPI Horizon Petrol

• Options
    JMGINWV342JMGINWV342 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Did you wire into the original light switch on your breaker panel?

Looks good.
  • Options
    I pulled out the old rope light and re-used the electrical connections.  

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Looks real nice guys. Stodge you get bored come on down we can do mine next
  • Options
    Stodge said:
    I pulled out the old rope light and re-used the electrical connections.  

Same here.
  • Options
    Dan what kind did you use?
  • Options

I bought the side emitting UV led's from superbrightleds.com. I like the light but am not happy with how they stuck, or should I say didn't stick to the underside of the shelf. They worked fine for the galley but not so good for the v-berth. As stated previously, I'm going to use double side tape this weekend and am pretty sure that will work ok.

I'm trying a different style of UV for the aft cabin from oznium.com. I'll report back when I get them installed.

• Options
  • Options
    DanD2 said:

I bought the side emitting UV led's from superbrightleds.com. I like the light but am not happy with how they stuck, or should I say didn't stick to the underside of the shelf. They worked fine for the galley but not so good for the v-berth. As stated previously, I'm going to use double side tape this weekend and am pretty sure that will work ok.

I'm trying a different style of UV for the aft cabin from oznium.com. I'll report back when I get them installed.

I've used their tube lights in the head of my 280 in place of the florescent fixture that was in there.  They were great.