Options

Refrigerator door swing

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone changed the hinge side on their refrigerator? I was looking at the cockpit refrigerator on my 280 and it opens on the left side with the hinge side on the right. It is unnatural since the left side is towards the outside of the boat. Any guests on my boat naturally grab the right side of the door thinking it opens on that side. Looking at the hinges and the door, it looks like the swing could be changed, but I might have to pull it out to do it.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be able to do that
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have way to much spare time on your hands cable....
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    you have way to much spare time on your hands cable....
    Not sure about that... I now have a little one, so my alone boat time has been greatly reduced. The door just seems backwards to me.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I believe the door is that way so it won't swing open/back while you are cruising on a rough day.  At least that is my thought, cause if it would open and swing to the rear it would really make a mess and probably break the door off.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Your right Greg you have the same fridge I have but on the opposite side of the boat. I see what your saying, but can't say I have seen one hinged the other way. I will look at mine when I get down there. 
  • Options
    I found the instruction book and the swing can be changed. The bad thing is I have to pull the fridge out to change the swing.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    At least you figured it out pulling the fridge isn't too bad. Think of it this way it will be the way it should be when you're done
  • Options
    Update: I changed the swing of the door. It feels better with the hinge on the left. The only bad thing is that the door won't open 180 degrees, but I can live with that minor inconvenience.
    Go Steelers!!!