Options

removing the hatch door

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
My hatch door is really starting to hang up to the point it's really hard to close. I greased it up and it did work better for a bit but now it's even worse. I can see that the bottom of the door there is a carriage it sits in and has four screws at the bottom and I am assuming, however that part it rides in, something is jamming it up-it works fine until just about to close. None of the mounting screws for the track are sticking up so not sure what is up. On the top, I see a neoprene looking pc. that rides in the track there, is that it so if I take those screws out and the bottom screws be able to work the door out? Otherwise it looks like the helm would have to come out which I sure hope would not have to happen...might as well ask those that have done it before...  

Comments

• Options
    99270fv99270fv Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    my 99 has four screws on the top under four screw covers and I think 3 across the bottom. when you remove the four on top do not let the slides go under the helm. after removing them you should be able to work the door out. 
  • Options
    that's what it looked like to me.....thanks
  • Options
    well, back to this as my door is super hard to open and close and I am stumped as to why. My set up is a little different, mine is an o5. On the bottom, there is a carriage that the door lays in, that carriage has a system of a couple of balls and should roll real nice. The top, on each end, as a piece of neoprene type material that ride in a track, each has two screws to hold in place. The two on the port side are no problem, two on the starboard side you can get to by removing the gages. I was able to get the bottom track out ok and the carriage to inspect and clean, everything looked fine. The one track piece on top I pulled out and it looks good as well. You have to put two flat hands on the door and really put some pressure on it to move it. The only other thing I can see, if you look down from above at the door and the track, for about the 14" or so that you can see, the leading edge of the door is not parallel- making that the two top pieces are not in line and binding the door but it was not this bad when I bought it, I can't imagine the bottom carriage is worn to the point it's dragging.....any others with the same? 2005/270.
  • Options
    I undid the carriage to confirm it was the top of the door sliding before I put anymore time in that and found it was the bottom track that is binding...crud. I think my grand daughter was stepping on the door on her way from the upper deck and may have bent it? Which begs the question, I have thought stepping on the door as a step was a no no, but is it?