Options

Help with correct prop

BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
Hey all, i have a 1989 Rinker Fiesta vee 250 with the mercruiser 5.7ltr v8 but i have no idea what the outdrive is as there is no serial number on it, and im trying to figure out what prop it should have, any body be able to help me?

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take and post a pic!!!  :).  Most likely its an alpha, and most likely set for a 21p 14.25" prop.... But... Pics.... :) 
  • Options
    Shes in the water right now, i have a book in the bag the previous owner gave me that is for an alpha one, so if i order a 21p 14.25 thats correct?

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it is, brit, maybe it ain't.. 

Personally, I'd rather be under propped than over. 

Grrrrr... Just buy a Ron hill 19p pleasure five in 14.125 or 14.25 and have a GREAT season... I can say this with confidence because those five blades play by their own rules, and they are good ones.   IF you can spin faster than 4800rpm, just.... Don't.   I doubt you can, and will wager you're between 4600 and 4800....which is perfect... That 25' hull will step right up on plane and hold low, but pull you near 45~46mph which is all you really need at WOT.  :) 
  • Options
    one outing i hit a submerged object, dont even know what it was, i have been having engine issues due to the previous owner over filling the oil. my last trip i  was getting 4000rpm at max throttle and 30mph, i inspected the prop and the ends of the blades are chewed up.
    I have a spare prop on the now but no idea if its the best one for top speed