Toilet not draining

My toilet is not flushing, it is filling up with water but its not draining. Air is coming into the bowl but the shoot is not opening. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full tank, or blocked drain line?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    First off, welcome to the forum.  & when you get a chance, please add what you boat you have to your signature.  Without a little more info, I don't know for sure if you have an electric head or a vacuflush.  From your description, I'm guessing a vacuflush.  The "shoot" you are referring to, if it is the white half sphere that turns when you push the pedal, then you should buy a new kit.  The pedal is connected with a shaft and a spring mechanism to the half sphere.  Sometimes the shaft or the spring part get worn.  I replaced mine about a year ago.  The toilet comes apart in the middle with a clamp.  Then you have direct access to the half sphere.  You might as well replace the two rubber rings in there while it's apart (they seal the half sphere from the bowl).  If you have electric, you need to describe a bit more what you are seeing.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express