Options

Trim/tilt switch inoperative

andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
Late today I tried my trim/tilt switch on the shift lever and nothing happened. My Seloc manual tells me to check breakers and fuses. However in the limited time I had at the boat I wasn't able to find them. '06 250FV VP 5.0 Suggestions/tips... Thanks.

Andy

Comments

• Options
    redlightningredlightning Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I had to get a new trim motor/pump assy installed on one of my DP drives. 
    2011Sea Ray 450 Twin 8.2’s Bravo III Sterndrive
    2012 390 Sea Ray Twin 8.2’s Inboard - Sold
    2008 330 Express Cruiser - Sold
  • Options
    I have the Teleflex SL-3 side mount model. I suspect the switch is the problem, the spring resistance feels weak. First thing I'm going to do is pull the shifter handle and test the switch wiring. I'm thinking of eliminating the tilt switch on the handle and installing with a separately mounted momentary three position rocker switch. The way the wiring snakes through the handle looks like a problem waiting to happen to me.

Andy
  • Options
    I haven't had time to chase this problem down yet. There is supposed to be a breaker for the tilt/trim, but I'm not finding it. Or the 10amp fuse. What am I missing here?

Andy
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be bigger than a 10 amp.

• Options
    The SELOC manual says there's a 50 amp breaker and a 10 amp fuse...somewhere
  • Options
    OK, happy ending. The 10amp fuse next to the outdrive relays had blown. It protects the tilt switch on the shifter. One of those little red spade fuses mounted in a waterproof holder. It was hard to find tucked away behind the water tank. Have a great weekend everyone.

Andy