Options

port side shore power hookup stopped working but starboard works

BriteEyesBriteEyes Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Lost electric yesterday while cooking. Reset all breakers I know of even hooked up to neighbors box on dock...switched air and shore as well.  Still no electric... Finally hooked to starboard side and it worked.
1. Are there different breakers for each side?
2.  Any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    njscapnjscap Member Posts: 20
    We recently had some issues with shore power - one time showing reverse polarity and another time no power at all.  We switched cables and reverse polarity disappeared but issues later had the issue of no power.  We were using older cables from PO so we bought new power cables - so far so good.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes there are different main isolation breakers. Port side is at breaker board. Starboard side is at stern. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    WaveHogWaveHog Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Hey Mark....can you be a bit more specific on the stern location of the breaker....is that in the engine hatch?
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    On my 260 EC, the starboard shorepower main isolation breaker is between the two aft benches on the foot wall.  You can see the top of the weatherproof housing in this picture.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Thanks for the additional info......I have all weekend to poke around at least.  I'm in a 2008 Rinker 350 that I've owned about a month now.  I have that same issue with starboard power working fine but nada on the port.  It was working on port and then stopped so this really stinks of a breaker...
  • Options
    Thanks again MarkB.....found the location of the breaker and all is good and cold down in my cabin!!!