Options

93' Fiesta Veee 260 shower drain water problem - hull/drainage - diagram anyone? 260 owners?

cdm0079cdm0079 Member Posts: 14
I have a 93 260 FV - and I seem to be getting some water on the floor outside the step. The bilge (mid and rear) are empty.

I took up the carpet and strip underbathroom door and see a tiny bit of water SEEPING through the fiberglass onto the floor - I can't tell if this is comming through exterior hull, as it appears to be comming from a channel under the shower.

Speaking of shower, should i ever need to replace drain, I have no idea how one could ever access this again, the shower is all one peice with no access to back/bottom of drain.

I took out the water box in the head, which lets me see very little about the hull design. Under the step doesnt show much either.  

I did see behind the box what appears to be another channel in the bottom hull (runs same direction as bilge) that was holding a little water - i'm shocked this doesn't drain into the midship bilge, and I can't locate any drainage holes...

I saw a similar thread on this but with no anwsers. Its not related to shower water - I did find a small drip in the cold water line which i fixed, but i'm concerned I saw water seeping through fiberglass, in what appears to be a small defect. 

My concern why doesnt the channel under the shoer drain to the bilge... and does anyone with this boat have tips for getting to the showe drain and to that channel to drain it out??

Comments

• Options
    If anyone has a diagram of the hull/layout/fiberglass channels that would be killer...
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    No idea on a diagram.  My shower drain goes to the shower sump which is outside the head mounted on a stringer and raw fiberglass.  The sump does need to be cleaned out now and then.  Also want to be sure the pump and float inside are still working.  Mine was not working right when I got the boat and the anti-freeze put in the shower drain leaked into the carpet in the cabin.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    So the bilge pump under the step is also the shower sump?
  • Options
    the midshi[p bilge also drains to rear bilge - so shower water in inteneded to go here?
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    The shower sump box has it's own pump inside, shielded by the plastic screen that catches all the hair and stuff.  The front bilge pump is usually separate and has it's own float switch. On my newer 260 this is all side-by-side under the cabin steps and midcabin mattress.  Ideally the soapy water with hair and crud shouldn't reach the bilge.  Keep that box, filter screen, clean, and the lid on tight so it doesn't clog or overflow.  Check for cracks in the clear plastic box (if your model has that).
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    My old 280 had both the midship bilge pump and the shower sump under the step.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX