Options

Rinker Captiva - Problem with amplifier

TZellerTZeller Member Posts: 2
I am owning a Rinker Captiva 246 CC, 2008.
The port speaker outside the cabin is not working since last year. Connecting the speakers directly to the audio system, both are working. It looks like the amplifier got a problem.
Unfortunately we cannot find the amplifier. Before following the cables and dismantling some internals, maybe somebody can send me a plan or describe where the amplifier is located.
Thx!

Comments

• Options
    Boatin BillBoatin Bill Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

The amp has to be within 5 feet of the head unit most likly under a cushion. Before you take anything apart you should first try to "exercise ' all the little switches and pots.  By this I mean switch or turn them very rapidly several times.  It is very common that the brass contacts in these switches start to corrode or tarnish because of the damp extreme conditions they endure. This is very common with the Clarion amplifiers.  You will see many small switches and pots on the one end of each of the amplifiers.  Make sure you first note the correct setting there on before you start.  If it is real bad you can go to Radio shack were they sell an aerosol spray that will clean these as well.  This should solve your problem with speakers that are crackling and distorted as well. Good luck!

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey TZeller...trying to track down those schematics for you. In the meantime...Bill's right on the money with the electrical contact cleaner idea. Here's what I use...image
  • Options
    TZellerTZeller Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help. We will try!
  • Options
    TsquareTsquare Member Posts: 47 ✭✭

On a 246 the amp is in one of two places.  In the hanging locker or on the port side behind the passenger cup holder compartment.  Remove the passenger seat and then remove the plastic panel.  look inside and you should see a very small amp.  If you have a base model stereo system the amp is a simple 2 channel non adjustable.  T 

Undercover,  Alswagg