Options

Issues with Rinker Vinyl

gener8sgener8s Member Posts: 7
Hi everyone. I just recently pick up my new 2014 196BR, I actually bought it in October, but didn't take possession until this spring. I have found at least 4 places where the vinyl has either small tears, or little chunks missing. I know that there is a 5 year warranty on the vinyl, but I'm just wondering if anyone has had any issues getting things like this covered? I have had a few issues with the dealership already and am a little concerned about it. 
Thx. 

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, are the tears due to human use, poor handling or bad stitching. It all matters.

If you didn't do it, and it's a brand new boat, then I would go back to the dealer to get it sorted out.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm not really too sure. They look like as if someone/something has picked off the top of the vinyl, but I wouldn't  think its a rodent issue because the affected areas are very, very small. I sent a text to the salesman who sold me the boat, and he wants me to send him some pictures. He doesn't seem to think it will be an issue, but I have heard that before.....
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Good luck with your dealer
     Mine didn't have much time for me after the sale was made.
    Come to the of it, they went out of business and now the closest dealer is in Idaho. 
  • Options
    So far, my experience with the dealer has been pretty decent. When I went to pick the boat up, I arrived to discover that everything I had spec'ed out in the sales agreement was wrong. Wrong lights, wrong transom trim switch, trailer lights weren't led. The salesman appologized profusely, told me everything would be corrected in the fall so I didn't loose any time on the water, and threw in free winterization and storage for this year. Then, after I got the boat home (2.5 hours one way), I discovered I had an issue with the engine stalling out. They came and got the boat, took it back, fixed it, and delivered it back to me. They did have the boat for almost 3 weeks, but that was due to a merc part issue, and because of my work schedule, I wasn't really going to get to use the boat anyways. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be that many issues on a new delivery. Good Grief!!!
  • Options
    I know. I was very disappointed, but at least they are making some effort to make things right. 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    New just means untested....although I have had very very few issues with mine, stuff does go wrong with anything new cars, boats, houses, etc. 

Good luck with the issues. 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3