Options

Windshield wiper motor for 2004 FV 250

Hmm, odd looking forum now!  Hopefully all the archives of info will make it here somehow!

Anyway, does anyone know what the motor is and how difficult it would be to replace?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey amajamar...Boomer is working on getting the archives up...checking on the wiper motor diagram for you.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I've been looking on how to with no results but I would think if you opened the dash you would see something that looks like this.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    amajamaramajamar Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies!  I'm picking it up from storage today and take a look and see if I can get to it!
  • Options
    TsquareTsquare Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    Off forum is true.  Hopefully Boomer can bring it to what the RBO site was.  Anyways,  on a 250 the Wiper motor is above the head module.  On early 250's the access was not cut, but later version's it was.  Hopefully your is cut.  Look inside your head and look up.  You should see an approximatly 10" X 10" white starboard panel.  Remove the pane and the wiper motor should be present or at least near by accessable.  If not, you will have to cut an access hole.  Hope this works.  T
    Undercover,  Alswagg
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭

The wiper motor is very easy to replace. It is mounted inside the cabin, on the ceiling just in front of the T.V. cabinet. There is a little cover over it.

2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    amajamaramajamar Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Yep.  Found it.  How do you remove it?  How does the wiper arm remove?  I take it then that all you have to do is remove the nut on the shaft and the screw that holds the clip?
  • Options
    just-one-morejust-one-more Member Posts: 4
    Have a 2004, 250, new here and have been scouring the past posts to find info on a replacement wiper motor.  Can not find anything locally it is specific to the boat  apparently. The link above for The picture of the unit,  from a company that make wiper motors was a dead end without a maker or number.  Any suggestions where / what to replace this motor with. ? Thanks