Options

Wet interior carpet

Anyone "been there done that" with the interior carpet suddenly feeling wet right outside the bathroom door (2004 270)?  The north east massive sideways storm we just had over the weekend I'm sure had something to do with it since I've never felt moisture on the cabin carpet. We don't use the bathroom for anything more than a 3am emergency.  The corner area of that baseboard in the picture seems to be the heaviest moisture. Just wondering where I should start looking. 

Comments

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Run off from above? With the wind and rain we had it could be possible was blown in around cabin door. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I feel the carpet wet in that area it is almost always some water that has dripped off from the top of the cabin sliding door. With enough rain and wind it blows in (not a lot, it only takes 20 to 30 drips to make it feel real wet).  Mind you, my boat is a 2011.

At this stage I would just observe it. If it stays dry particularly after use of the head, you probably have your answer. If it's getting wet on dry days, then I'd look at your shower sump and make sure it isn't overflowing (under your mid-berth mattress).

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    99270fv99270fv Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    I have the same issue with my 99 270. I have now decided that it is water from the bilge that sloshes forward while trailering and during a braking application. I have not been pulling the drain plug after putting in on the trailer and when I get home my carpet is wet where the dining table floor meets the main floor in front of the head at the base of the vee berth. when I load my boat this wkend i am going to remove the drain plug and see if the carpet stays dry. I had originally thought it was a leak in my anchor rope locker but now I am leaning toward bilge water.
  • Options
    CupidsQuartersCupidsQuarters Member Posts: 13
    Are the compartments supposed to be sealed or is there supposed to be a drain to the bilge? My starboard side compartment under the bed looks to be completely factory sealed but the port side almost looks like there's a small drain hole to the bilge which MAY be where the moisture is going on its way to the bilge. Not sure that drain or "hole in the compartment corner" is supposed to be there or if it should be sealed. 
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    most all of them have some type of "drain" to the bilge my port side has a bigger opening than starboard. the starboard one i had to clean to get it to work after i dug around looking for it, its probably about 1/8 inch. I will be down that way this weekend (cedar Point Fri and Sat) if you need a hand I can swing by. Probably do lunch at bootleggers on Sunday before we go home.