Options

Microwave Removal - Electric Issue

jbrydelljbrydell Member Posts: 2
I have a 2004 290 Fiesta Vee, the microwave has not worked since I bought it last summer. I tried with the Generator as well as Shore Power, switch is on in the panel, etc.. but no power to it. Everything else works great in the boat. Just curious if anyone has attempted to uninstall one of these, and trouble shoot. I just dont know where to start without just randomly taking screws out of the cabinets. 

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    On my 270 when you remove the electric panel there is a plug on the back side where the microwave plugs in. It just may be unplugged. There are just 4 screws just make sure your shore power is unplugged.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Well, I decided to jump in and try it anyway. Basically there are four screws going up from underneath the microwave through the bottom of the cabinet. Then the screws go through four individual pieces of 2*4 that act as spacers, and finally grab a thin piece of plywood that is mounted to the bottom of the microwave. There is a piece of plastic trim in front of the microwave on the bottom. So here is how to get it out. Back the 4 screws out far enough to get out of the plywood, about 1 inch, then push the microwave back, then remove the bottom trim, there were three screws, then the whole thing slides out. Funny thing in my case the microwave was not the issue, the plug  for the microwave goes to the bottom of the back of the power panel, the plug was loose, so a little electric grease and bending the connectors ever so slightly and shazam... she is working now. 
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited April 2013
    jbrydell said:
    Well, I decided to jump in and try it anyway. Basically there are four screws going up from underneath the microwave through the bottom of the cabinet. Then the screws go through four individual pieces of 2*4 that act as spacers, and finally grab a thin piece of plywood that is mounted to the bottom of the microwave. There is a piece of plastic trim in front of the microwave on the bottom. So here is how to get it out. Back the 4 screws out far enough to get out of the plywood, about 1 inch, then push the microwave back, then remove the bottom trim, there were three screws, then the whole thing slides out. Funny thing in my case the microwave was not the issue, the plug  for the microwave goes to the bottom of the back of the power panel, the plug was loose, so a little electric grease and bending the connectors ever so slightly and shazam... she is working now. 
    that's the hidden plug I was talking about you have to pull the panel to see the plug kind of a dumb idea

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    greygoosecjmgreygoosecjm Member Posts: 2
    I can't get the electrical panel to pull out more than two inches??? Any thougts?