Options

01 192 Captiva Prop & Rev Limiter Question

Lane32rLane32r Member Posts: 3
Okay...New to this, so bare with me in case I miss some details.  I have a 2001 192 Captiva with a MCM 4.3 Litre Alpha Motor and use it in a Lake in South Carolina.  The Max WOT says 4400-4800 so I decided to play around to see what it could do because I want to go from the stock 3 blade 21 pitch prop to an aluminum 4 blade to help with skiing, planing out faster, etc.  I'm not worried about losing that much top speed because it is mainly used for cruising and pulling skiers, wakeboards, tubes.

I took it out on a calm day and just judging from the stock gauges, the rev limiter seemed to be hitting at 3600?!  Trimmed all the way down, seemed to be right under that and running around 43-44 MPH.  Trimmed up some was just pegging on what seems to be the rev limiter and running around 48 MPH.   Again, just judging from the stock gauges.

With all of this being said, two questions I am stuck on.  Should I be worried about the rev limiter hitting so low or could it be possible for the stock gauges to be 1,000 rpm's off?

Secondly, since I'm not worried about top speed, should I go to a 19P or 17P aluminum propeller?

Thanks for the input!

Comments