Options

How do replace the port navigation light on my 2002 rinker 342?

How do replace the port navigation light on my 2002 rinker 342?  I cannot remove the cap to access the light. 

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    It's probably a Perko like this:
    http://www.westmarine.com/buy/perko--red-side-light--14121909

Remove the three screws that hold the cover to the deck.  Pop the cover off to change the bulb.
  • Options
    jrobbin6jrobbin6 Member Posts: 1
    LaRea, not this style.  No screws visible, white plastic cover.   I have tried to pry off the cover with no luck.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The originals (on my 2003 at least) twisted off if I remember right.  There are (2) screws that hold the base to the deck.  It is worth removing and resealing it.  Note it is caulked from the INSIDE, a pita to remove.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    On my 05, it's a twist off just like BD's.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get a picture of the light? It will help us with what model you have.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    So I bought some LED nav lights for my 342 but am having a problem. I twist off the cover, remove the 2 screws and the lights only lift about 1/4 off the deck. Is there a trick to pulling these out? Tried to reach in from behind the mirror but I can't come anywhere's close to it.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The light was heavily caulked from the underside when built. It is a pita but you need to scrape it away from behind the mirror with something long. The light does have a quick disconnect so watch for that too. I added some length to the wires for future access. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanx BD. I had cut away an additional access point behind the mirror to work on my windlass, looks like I'll have to make that opening bigger to make the job easier.