Options

How to operate the manual pump toilet

I have a 2000 242 fiesta vee and when I place the lever on the toilet to wet pump, (based of youtube video) it's supposed to pump water in the toilet while it also vacuums it out. The handle has a lot of back pressure and doesn't won't to go down. Is there a valve I have to open or am I doing something wrong and I don't know it?

Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you getting water in the toilet? If not, the seacock for the intake is not open. It should be located with the shower sump and A/C seacock.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    ClintonClinton Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    I have no idea where either of those things are. The dealership left me hanging because they don't typically deal with this size boat and did no research to help aid me in the operation of the vessel. I have had to do all the research myself.
  • Options
    I filled the fresh water holding tank if it pulls from there. If it pulls from the lake I guess that won't matter.
  • Options
    seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Greg, sounds to me like your seacock is not opened.  I have a 280 and it is under the mattress in the aft cab.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Behind your steps, under the bed/cushion there is a small compartment. There should be two valves in there. One is for the toilet and one is for the air conditioner. Make sure both are in the open position, with the handle in line with the hose. If it is at a 90 degree angle of the hose, it is shut off.

The toilet does not draw from your fresh water tank. It draws from the lake/river water. One thing that I do is flush the toilet dry. If I want water in it, I turn on the galley pump, then use water from the sink by pulling out the nozzle. It doesn't take a lot of water to flush. I never go number 2 on my boat either... Just my rule.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything has been said. Open seacock under your mattress, and try again. It uses lake water, not fresh water.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    planesailingplanesailing Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I had a similar problem with my 242. It turned out that the previous owner had anti fouled over the inlet siv which is on the hull directly beneath the head. Luckily I spotted it at survey and managed to get it cleaned before it was re anti fouled. Maybe yours is blocked?!
  • Options

There were 2 valves in the small opening on the steps. 1 of them did allow the toilet to flush but only when in the water, I assume as you all previously stated, because it pulls from the lake. I probably won't use the a/c much seeing since I currently do not have a slip at the marina yet, so do I need to open the seacock for the a/c? Also when I put the boat on the trailer, once I arrive home there is a small amount of flooding in the floor seems to be coming from that small opening that the valves are in. I did it before I ever opened the seacock for the toilet. Any know why there might be water pooling up in there and if so how might I get to stop?

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    check the strainer in that opening and make sure it is not cracked, or that one of the thru hull fittings aren't leaking. 
  • Options

Where is the strainer at and what does it look like? How do I know if one of the thru hull fittings are leaking?

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    the strainer will be by the sea cocks plastic round looking if I remember right it's right in front of you when you open the access panel. when you are in the water look around and see if you see water intruding any where.