Options

Removing a microwave

any ideas how to get a microwave out of a 242? No visible signs of it being screwed in anywhere.

Comments

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    there is a couple of screws I just can't remember how I did it. I do  remember I had to remove something to access them. got a picture maybe it will jog my memory 
  • Options
    planesailingplanesailing Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
    I'll try and take a few pictures tomorrow. Do I need to remove the front wooden surround to enable it to come out? Looks like the only possible way to me. 
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    I thought it was fastened from the bottom can't remember I will look at mine tonight to see if it jogs my memory
  • Options
    Looks like the only way to remove it is to take the front and top wooden surrounds off. Looks like a big job. Has anybody else had experience of changing a microwave?
  • Options
    Just a quick update for anyone looking to remove a microwave from a 242 - there are 2 screws on the right hand side of the microwave surround at the base, plus 2 screws on my the left hand side (below shelf which screw into surface) which need to be removed first, then you need to lever the whole top unit away from the surface (it is glued down). Once the top unit is off (with microwave still attached) you can flip it upside down and remove the 4 screws which are screwed into the microwave itself and bingo your microwave is out. Quite a lot of work and fiddling around to get it out mind. I will post some pictures later incase anyone needs help removing a microwave in the future.
  • Options
    K&S2015K&S2015 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    On the 265 Vee I think (think) you can remove the screws that hold the micro in place by removing the fridge then getting at the screws.  It sucks if you had to do all that to just remove the micro.
  • Options
    K&S2015K&S2015 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Actually this is one of my projects coming up before it is shrink-wrapped for the year.
  • Options
    I was hoping it was going to be a simple job of removing the fridge (which I was replacing anyway) and unscrewing it from underneath but Rinker haven't made it quite that easy! The microwave is mounted on a separate shelf on top of the surface and is fitted from behind so only way to remove it is to strip the whole top units down.