Options

Alternator not charging properly

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what the alternator amp output should be??? On my old boat with twins they were 40 AMP each which caused a lot of problems because it was not enough. I had them rebuilt to put out 90 Amps each and that solved everything. My diesel alts are 55 AMP each but I dont have the engine electrical demands either. 
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Around 55 amps on that model I know because I had the Same boat same set up. Wouldn't hardly keep up even on long runs especially if you were running lights fridge and so on 
  • Options
    ClintonClinton Member Posts: 44 ✭✭

Update everyone. Local dealership got it running. Think they just cleaned it up better than I had the tools to. Everything is charging great! Took it out last weekend with some friends then the wife and I stayed the night on the river. Had a great time and used all the amenities I could to enjoy it. Everything ran well and batteries stayed charged. Thanks everyone for all the help and input! Loving my rinker "Sunrise With Jeannie"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    Glad your up and running.... Enjoy..
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear