Options

270 Fiesta Vee, electrics in Sweden.

Hi there, this is the second year i own my imported 270. I have some problems with the electrical systems, or Perhaps i just dont't understand it. 

As as we have 220 voltage in Sweden, there is a converter installed that transformator 220 volt to 110 volt. I'm Worried that something went bad at the installation of this.. 

I really dislike that the lights in the cabin only runs on the batteries, not the shore. I have to pull the "helm power" switch (next to the battery-selector switch) to get the panel for the lightings to work (and the hatch etc), and wonder if this is a original thing? What else works from the "helm switch", and does it use both the batteries, or where does "helm switch" get it's current?

Don't really now for myself what I really are asking about, but would like some general information about the electrics in my 270 fiesta vee 2006.. :) wouldn't mind if someone would like to send a copy of the owners manual aswell, since we didn't get any..

Thanks! 
Tobbe Björklund

Comments

• Options
    segesege Member Posts: 3
    Hi!

Having an FV 250 '05 here in Sweden/Stockholm. I have the same thought about the 'Helm power' actually. If I put my battery switch to 'Off' and 'Helm Power' to 'On' things still light up and works. 

Is this Rinker standard? I'd like everything to be off when battery switch is to off. And from where is Helm power connected. I looked thru the wire diagram and it looked like it was connected after battery switch there but reality show different?

Weird.

• Options
    jonsleithjonsleith Member Posts: 8

I also  have the same thought about the 'Helm power' . If I put my battery switch to 'Off' and 'Helm Power' to 'On' things still light up and works. 

Is this battery power or on shore power? next time at the boat I will remove battery cables and see what happens.

any ideas ?

• Options
    On my boat it isn't shore power for sure, it works without shore power connected.
  • Options
    Any update on this? Still bugs me... :)