Options

Windlass for 276 CC

AdmiralWGAdmiralWG Member Posts: 12
Still wrestling with looking at installing a windlass on my 2013 Captiva 276 CC. Does anyone have a factory installed windlass on a 276 CC  2013 and up? If so, what make/model and could you post a Pic (top view) if possible? Much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    I've seen the 276CC and the bow looks about the same as my 2014 260EC.  Rinker installed a Quick brand Mini Genius 150W.  Quick has a website quicknauticalequipment.com that has specs and manuals in PDF form.

I've only had it a year so I can't say much about it other than it's simple, small, and it works.  Rinker molded a level pad into the fiberglass that it fits nicely on.  See pics:

• Options
    Thank You howardrams, that's a great help and gives me some guidance to work with! Can't quite see it on the Pic but looks like there is a lid that covers the well?
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Right.  I assume yours looks about the same but with no windlass since it was an option?
  • Options
    Yes, very similar! Checked with dealer and it is fairly straight forward to install. Need to change the lid to accommodate the chain outlet available from Rinker. So it looks like a go just need to come up with the money now! Thanks again for your response!