Options

265 Fiesta Vee Anchor Roller/Bow Roller Fluke Anchor

K&S2015K&S2015 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

Hi everyone.  I need some help.  Does anyone know who made the anchor roller or bow roller for the Rinker 265 Fiesta Vee?  I think it may be the same one on the 266 model, and I suspect others too.  Mine got all krunked up when some racing boats raced past the boats docked out near the castle in Alexandria Bay, NY as I was letting off my lines.  I got the old one off and I think I did a pretty good job of straightening it out, but not as perfect as I would like it.  I have seen so many rollers online and cannot match the one I have.  I would prefer not to have to fill in old mounting holes and redrill new ones.  I guess also does anyone actually have a parts manual for the craft, because I think that would help a lot in order for those that still have/use the boat to resolve things like this.  Salvage Yards for boats??  I can get more measurements when I get home with a calipers.

My roller has four countersunk screws that hold it in place and I think the roller was 3" with a welded loop on the end. 

Thanks everyone.

"Not my boat in image, just another one that has the exact roller.

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I have the same roller as you on my 242. Someone hit mine and bent it a week ago. I haven't had time to try and pull it off and try to have it bent back. Let me know if your able to find one that matches, I'll do the same.

2008 330EC
  • Options
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    When you removed yours did the nuts stay in place or did you have to have someone hold them? It looks like mine are sealed in with sealant, I hope that's enough to hold them without having them spin when I remove the screws.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I used a piece of PVC pipe with a 7/16" wrench duck taped to it in order to reach up into my pulpit to reach the nuts and hold those.  You might be able to jam the pipe in the anchor rope/chain well and do it yourself.  I used my wife.  I removed the mirror door in front because there is nothing to hold that up while you do this.  My pulpit sticks way out there and it is a pain.  Then, if you lose the nuts or washers, they will not stick to magnets, you have to get those out.  My 10 year old son came in handy for that mission.
  • Options
    aero3113 said:

I think I have the same roller as you on my 242. Someone hit mine and bent it a week ago. I haven't had time to try and pull it off and try to have it bent back. Let me know if your able to find one that matches, I'll do the same.

This is exactly mine.  In fact this is how mine was bent up too.  Maybe a little worse than yours.  I got it pretty straight now, but not as perfect as I would like it.  I am working with a Rinker Tech to find out the correct one, who made it, and how to get it now.  Looks nasty when it looks like that.
  • Options
    Were your nuts sealed in underneath with sealant?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Were your nuts sealed in underneath with sealant?

Yes, they were.  I plan to reseal them by squirting some marine sealant through the mounting holes as I insert the screws back through. I bought some larger stainless washers to put back in there too, because the old ones were a bit pressed.  I wanted to spread the load out a bit more.

• Options
    Did you try to unscrew the screws before you removed the sealant? I was hoping the sealant would hold the nuts when I turn the screws. They look like they are sealed in pretty good.
    2008 330EC
  • Options

Yeah, one of the screws I turned on before I realized what was going on and had to explore to figure out that there were 7/16 nuts spinning around.  The others I unscrewed with the wrench in place.  Two came off still in the box end of the wrench, but two fell into the pulpit.  One of the washers is still hanging by some silicone, and one is firmly stuck in place by the silicone.  The hardest part for me once I figured out using a wrench duck taped to some 1/2" PVC pipe was getting my wife to hold it in place.  I had to keep going back down in the cabin to reset the position.  She is not a mechanical type. 

• Options
    I was able to get mine off tonight. I used a pair of vice grips on the nut. When I turned the screw the vice grips would turn into the hull and hold the nut. Went fairly smooth. Looks like the guy hit it again and bent it some more!!!

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Oh man that really sucks.  Mine was still worse though, and I got it pretty straight using f wrenches, our vise with some wood to prevent marring/scratching up the surfaces.  It is presentable at this point, but this weekend I will do a bit more, and then next year I am going to upgrade it to a more modern one that I can replace at less cost or hassle.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if you can take out that roller at the top and give it to a stainless steel shop, they will get that straight for you. It isn't a difficult thing to straighten, given the way it is gradually bent.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    that can be straighten still won't be 100% but you should be able to get it to the point it will work and not be noticeable unless you point it out to some one. Friend of mine who owns a fab shop did one in 20 minutes for guy at the marina charged  him $25 looks like new.   
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JC290 said:
    that can be straighten still won't be 100% but you should be able to get it to the point it will work and not be noticeable unless you point it out to some one. Friend of mine who owns a fab shop did one in 20 minutes for guy at the marina charged  him $25 looks like new.   

Exactly - I honestly wouldn't even bother trying to get a new one. You can fix that up, and then you know the screw holes line up perfectly. If you get on it now, you probably will have it fixed up and back in by tonight. Not a big deal.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I actually forgot to get back to folks.  I got that joker right.  I was told by Rinker that they had one left on the shelf, that it was a custom job they had done by contract for X amount and for like 600.00 I could have it.  I was so taken back by that, that I decided to repair it.  A vice, some body tools, an F style automotive wrench and time and muscle, I got it very straight.  I did it cold because I did not think that heat was a very good option for more than one reason.  Thank you all for the wonderful support and sorry for the late reply to close this.
  • Options
    crunch1crunch1 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I found one on e-bay. Looked for a long time, dealers wanted about $170. The one I bought had a 3 hole mounting instead of 4 hole filled holes drilled new on and I was off and running.
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with the bow roller on my 242 and was able to straighten it enough to use. I have had no luck finding the same exact one, but have seen some with no pre-drilled holes. I might try one of those and drill my own holes.
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    I bent mine on my Chaparral, and used Pine wood blocks, vice grips, a BFH, and a rubber mallet to straighten it out.  It took forever to get it "just right" but it was better than trying to chase down a matching one  B)
    2000 Captiva 232