Comments

• Options
    brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Member Posts: 226 ✭✭
    JC290 said:
    Prop size? this boat new to you?
    Props are both 24p
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing the flappers wouldn't cause your issue but if there are any old pieces obstructing the exhaust it will. I had this happen to me last season, once the broken flappers were removed,all was good.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I pulled it apart and checked and both flappers are completely gone. I dont remember how much i pulled out of the lower unit but i dont believe any are stuck in there. Should i pull the lower unit again and check for more pieces? Does my issue sound like something that would be caused by a piece of the flapper being stuck and causing an obstruction. It doesnt appear to overheat or anything.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    When it happened to me the engine wouldn't overheat also, I just couldn't get above 3000 RPM. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    scottb3200scottb3200 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
     Same thing was happening to me  couldn't get over 3000 RPM had paint in both fuel cool modulars  had to change both modulars and all 16 injectors   
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/0ow4jkR0vR0  check out the video I made of the paint inside the modular 
  • Options
     Same thing was happening to me  couldn't get over 3000 RPM had paint in both fuel cool modulars  had to change both modulars and all 16 injectors   
    I already changed the regulator and it didn't have the paint issue. I have replaced two injectors that had gotten broke from someone standing on them and breaking the electrical plug on it. 
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/0ow4jkR0vR0  check out the video I made of the paint inside the modular 
    also i dont have the cool fuel like that on my boat.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I bought my injectors on eBay you can get  replacement very cheap 
  • Options
    I bought my injectors on eBay you can get  replacement very cheap 
    That's where I bought my others. They were $80 a piece so I'm hoping to not have to buy the other 6
  • Options
    Well i replaced the spark plugs, checked the firing order, replaced the exhaust shutters and checked to the best of my ability that there was nothing blocking the exhaust, siphoned all the gas out, put fresh gas in, and it still wont run right. I have finally thrown in the towel and dropped it off at the shop. hopefully they can figure something out without it being too expensive. Ill keep you posted on the fix.
  • Options
    Just wanted to follow up and tell everyone about my solution for future references. It did turn out to an injector issue. Another one of the injectors was broken and therefore not firing. The shop did a test and discovered the issue, i guess i just didnt do the test properly. Anyways, they replaced the broken injector and i picked the boat up yesterday and took it for a quick spin. Everything seems to be working top notch and im hoping to spend the weekend enjoying it rather than working on it. Thanks for all the help!