Options

Mid-ship Bilge - Where does that water come from?

gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
On my 2004 290Fv, I had water in my mid-ship bilge for the first time that I could not account for it.  After a big rain, I would have some, and my thinking was that it was from whatever water came in to the cockpit area, and ran down.  Been dry as a bone for a few days, and I know I hit the bilge pump switch when I arrived at the boat a few days ago.  I would guess between a gallon and two pumped out this morning.  So, where did it come from in the last couple of days??  I have a drain line for the A/C, though now that I think about it, I should probably check that with all the heat we have been having.  I have a sump pump for the head shower/sink, and another for the galley.  Cockpit sink runs right into the tank.  Rear bilge has the 1/4 gallon of stale water that always seems to be in there.  I am confused. But, besides that A/C line that I am now thinking about, where would it come from.  If the drainline clogs, would it flow to the mid-bilge?  The A/C is at the very front of the bow.  Thanks for any ideas.
Gary and Diane
290 FV Nauti Bonnie

Comments