Options

problems starting engine

ceverley00ceverley00 Member Posts: 12
My boat is a 2002 with a 350 mag mpi. Last weekend it took roughly a minute to get it started as I was unloading it off the trailor (cold start). I ended up having to give it throttle for it to start. Ran perfect and started great the rest of the day. The next morning after sitting over night, it took longer than normal but less time than the previous morning to start (didn't have to give it throttle) and ran great afterwards. After doing some research I replaced the iac valve but they didn't have the little filter/muffler so I left it in. Same cold starting issues this weekend. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Options
    qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I also had an 02 with the 350mpi that no matter what, wouldn't start right when cold with that little filter in, even a brand new one. I just removed it and never had an issue again. The only thing it did was a make a light hissing sound when at idle which with the hatch down wasn't even noticeable.
    2005 Captiva 232 Liberty Edition, MX6.2/B3, Corsa
  • Options
    ceverley00ceverley00 Member Posts: 12
    I planned on taking it out before I fire it up this weekend. Hopefully it will take care of it. We'll see. Thanks for the reply