Fridge working only on 110V

Hello Guys,

Was wondering if I'm missing something.  

My fridge is only working on 110V while hooked up to shore power.   I assumed it would switch over automatically to 12V DC power once disconnected however it doesn't seem to be working on 12V power.  Am I forgetting to flip so switch or am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks,

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, once it stops seeing 120 V it should automatically flip to 12V.  There may be a breaker for the fridge near your battery switch at the stern of the boat. My switch and 12V panel is right beside my entrance gate off the swim deck.

Anyhow, I've seen this in person once, and I've read it many times ... often the 12V has become disconnected from the fridge, so it's just a matter of plugging it back in. I can access the back of my fridge by pulling off the stove top.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite- I think I'm only running on battery which is obviously the problem to have if you have one...you have a power supply...pull a search but someone was telling me that power supply is a converter and the fridge only runs on 12V, what I'm calling a power supply is a converter I suppose so even the 110 breaks down to 12V-I'm not real swift on the electrical. Sounds very possible your plug in either came lose or perhaps you do have a fuse blown. After checking the fuses, I would either pull out the fridge or perhaps as Mark suggest pull the stove top and you will have a household type plug to plug it in behind the fridge...
  • rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    Same problem here and I lost 12 volt power at the cigarette lighter accessory plug at the breaker panel.  I am a 1999 270.  Guessing it's a fuse and have not begun looking. I will post updates to this thread.
  • love2cruiselove2cruise Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip guys... Will try them and will let you know the outcome.
    Cheers,
    I have a 99 270 fiesta vee.  My problem was at the fuse behind the battery switch, bad connection.  There are two fuses there, one for the bilge pumps another for the 12v fridge and accessory plug at the breaker panel.  Easy fix except that I pulled out the fridge, the panel, and the battery switch box.  Good luck!!
    Love2cruise, did you get this figured out?  Fuse or fridge part?