Options

2007 280 EC Radar Arch Lights

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Hello - I have the openings in my arch for 3 radar arch lights but right now just has the covers on them. Was wondering where to find the actual lights/assemblies?

Any help would be much appreciated
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I swapped mine out for LED replacements.  Most times you will only see 2 lights.  The access plates are for installing things in the arch.  The middle one is normally for the cables for radar.  

I went with these lights:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00976MDDK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Oh so to install the light in the radar arch you actually have to drill it out?
  • Options
    My plates already had holes and lights.  I just swapped them out.  But from the sound of it you will need holes made in the plates.  You may want to trace the wires from your dash to make sure you have a power line for the lights up in the arch.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally they pre-run the wires. Just unscrew the plates and have a look. You will need to take the plates off to cut the holes anyhow. Wait for the light template to ensure you cut the right size hole.

I am busy in another discussion where I am replacing the spreader lights with LED multicolor (but turning off and on quickly you can cycle between white, red and blue lighting).  Worked out to be $48 per light, from ITC.

Here is the light to order:

http://www.itc-marine.com/product/tri-color-led-light/

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that @MarkB mentioned are a great replacement. I am surprised that there are not lights in the arch already. Do you have a switch at the helm for "spreader lights"? That is the switch for the lights in the arch.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Cableguy...I dont think I do have a switch for spreader lights. For some reason I want to believe the Radar Arch was added after the boat was bought? The arch looks very new compared to the boat. But then again it is metal. Also, I have a switch for "Panel Lights"...When i press it down or up it doesn't stay in either position. Have no clue what its for. lol
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    This is a dimmer switch for the panel lights
  • Options
    What exactly are the panel lights? The lights on the actual cluster? (Gauges) lol
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Wow Mark, those are about 1/3 the cost of the ones I got.   :(

• Options
    Thanks frenchship! I appreciate the patience. Just switched to Rinker from four winns. Couldn't be happier. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey jme097. Glad to have you as a Rinker owner. I slag sea rays for fun - they aren't that bad a boat - just some of their snooty owners. Four Winns made some great boats. My friend had one of their bigger Liberator models - it was a fantastic boat, real strong and fast. Another friend had a Doral Phazar which was a cool boat too.
  • Options
    I had a 258 Vista. Good starter boat but just got to the point where for everything I wanted to add it wasn't worth it. And I LOVE the deck layout 10x better. Rinker did a great job with the lay out. Four Winns wasted too much space down below.
  • Options
    I agree with MT on SeaRay.  I'm in the minority at my marina (MacRay) which is named after 2 gentleman including Connie Ray.  The main street is SeaRay Blvd.

Four Winns are nice boats but their cruisers lack beam IMO.

• Options
    Stodge I keep at Sassy's in Algonac. Nice to see someone so close on here!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we bought our Rinker we were between this boat and a Four Winns.
    We decided we wanted more deck space, rather than more cabin space. I must admit the Four Winns had a much more open mid-berth that was nice.  But it was done at the expense of deck space and seating. 

So we asked ourselves do we want to sleep on our boat, or do we want to be on deck enjoying the view, enjoying the sun. What is boating really about? I mean we still have a mid berth in the Rinker, and with my eyes closed and sleeping, my body doesn't seem to miss the space the Four Winns has ... lol.

We went with the Rinker, obviously, and I'm pretty happy with our choice.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Hahah mark. That was my complaint as well. The only time I'm down stairs is to sleep, go to the bathroom or grab a beer. I wanted more deck space. So happy with my choice for sure