Radio pre amp breaker?.?

I have a 2007 280 ec. The breaker labeled "radio pre amp" under the wheel is tripped/pushed out. Everything seems to be working fine with the radio… Any idea where that might lead to or feed? I've tried to reset it but it keeps pushing back out.

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That could mean you have a short on that switch.  The pre-amp would be for a separate amplifier to run the speakers, instead of the radio built in amplifier. I'm not sure if your boat has a separate pre-amp, but I doubt it. They probably put the wires in to enable you to power a pre-amp if you wanted to add it in the future. I would look behind that breaker and trace the wire to ensure that the + and - are fully insulated.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a TV pre-amp that is a 3 amp breaker. It supplies power to the pre-amp that boosts the signal coming from the antenna. The pre-amp is located in the cabinet behind the TV next to the radio power amplifier. It is a small back box with a coax in and out on it. There should be a red LED light on it and it runs all of the time. The radio power amp is fed from the batttery breaker switch location that is next to the walk thru in the rear of the boat.

If you look in the archives, there is a wiring diagram for the 2007-2012 280 EC. It is a great help and you can download the PDF.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Pre-Amp means the headunit most likely.  Does you radio turn on?
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props