ACC switch in the 342

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
I pulled out the panel that the ACC switch is in to see how it's set up.  I found wires on the back of the switch already and no place to put anything.  So it appears the switch is connected to "something" but I'm not sure what.  Has anybody used the ACC switch in their 342 and found where the mystery wires go?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    The ACC switch on my 2005 342 is hooked up to the radar unit.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have radar.  I'm guessing I'll have to dig around behind the helm to find where the wires go.

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea where the wires go on mine but I think they run to the engine room. 
    With my luck they run to the bow then back to the engine room.   :/

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several ACC switches on my 260 EC. If it is running something, it should be labelled properly. If it is a feature that was not added, Rinker normally still runs the wiring and puts an ACC switch label on.  This is a clue that it may be an available switch.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Not only is it marked ACC, it's all by itself near the ignition switches.

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also purchase switches for the accessory that you have installed that match the Rinker oem switches. In my case I added "icons" for the raw/fresh water wash down and the second set of underwater LED lights.  The switches are easy to swap.
    I made labels for the panel with a film style label maker that prints white text on clear tape.  All the labels were gone from the switches on the helm.  

• DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    On my 342,The ACC switch powers the chartplotter and GPS.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stodge, you'd love the Admiral - she has a couple of labellers, including a real fancy one. Anything that isn't moving fast enough around her gets a label on it. As for me I sleep with one eye open. LOL
    Dan, my chartplotter is wired direct (to something).  The ACC switch currently does nothing.  I'd like to put it to work if I ever move forward on a washdown pump.

• WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    My 03 342 did not have anything hooked up to the "on" side of the accessory switch.  This would be the very bottom terminal on starboard side when the switch is installed.  Either way, unplug what is connected and see what doesn't work.  This would be easier than tracing wires out.  We use ours to power our NMEA 2000 backbone for the electronics.
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props