Options

Rinker/Nautic Global Build Quality and Warranty Response - Staright "A"

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I promised a year or so ago to file a progress report on our experience with the purchase and use of our new Rinker EC 360, here it is:

First, I'm the type of guy who tells it like it is good or bad. Politely, I hope, but honestly.

That said, It is now time to publicly thank Rinker/Nautic Global for a job well done regarding the construction and warranty support of our new 2014 Rinker EC 360. We've had it in the water last summer and for three months, so far,  this summer. Enough time to accurately assess it.

First,  like any new boat there were warranty issues. As the saying goes "Anyone can be a friend in good times but you really find out who your friends are in the bad times".  Based on this sentiment, I must give Rinker and Nautic Global a straight "A" for the way they responded to our warranty issues. To be honest, they did require  a lot of documentation with pictures to assess any claim - but to be fair, any manufacturer who wants to stay in business would do that. They earned my complete respect for the way they treated us. They were fair and responsive. We are 100% satisfied with the end result. They even went to bat for us with a manufacturer whose product was at fault. You have to respect that.

Regarding build quality and quality of installed equipment, we are also very pleased. As we all know Rinkers are built strong. No one anywhere near the price range builds a stronger boat. They are also fast. There isn't a boat in my class size that can keep-up with my Rinker EC 360. I guess that goes back to Rinker's early racing heritage. We, on this forum, know that you might get poked by a fiberglass shard if your hands are in some hidden recess on our boats. I guess the answer to that is watch where you put your hands - and - I don't want to pay for a polished gel coat under the garbage can! Where it counts and where it shows - I believe our Rinker EC 360 stands right beside, and often ahead of, boats costing hundreds of thousands more.  When we pull into a slip at other marinas we always draw a crowd of admirers. Rinkers look great standing still! The drawers might not have dove-tailed joints but they are solid and will last just as long. The counters are Corian, the flooring is high-end  wood (maple I believe) the appliances are the same as on very expensive boats and there are loads of extra nice touches - not found on other similar sized boats -  like the combination of ice maker, fridge and blender in the cockpit. My slip mate has a very expensive boat that he has to open a door of a cabinet before he can open the fridge door. He hates that. Rinker designers used to sea trial the boats with their friends and families and it shows. The more we use the boat the more we appreciate its design and build.

Options that I like the best: I really liked that Rinker let us up-grade in several areas, sort of a customization process. The best change we made was moving (thanks Randy Rinker) the Axius joystick from the side armrest to the front helm. This positioning allows me to stand straight at the helm, facing the stern as we back into a slip. In my opinion the Axius Joystick System itself was the best overall choice we made. The up-grade to the Raymarine E 95 was very useful too as I we like its WiFi, blue tooth and touch screen capabilities. Opting for the Diamante seat coverings (like we had in our EC 310) was a must as they are more comfortable to sit on and more durable. The 8.2 magnums were necessary, in my opinion, as they make the loaded boat a breeze to get on plane and give great gas mileage. I like the black canvas but that is personal choice. The cockpit filler cushion and front canvas sun pad are very handy. Rinker did a very neat job of installing the radar and satellite TV. Rinker installed a top-of-the line wash down system and I was really impressed to find out that I could use either fresh or lake water by turning a valve - that is a pretty custom touch. We had the dealership apply a bottom coat even though Rinker uses the really good vinylester resins. If I can get my Windows 7 to talk with the forum's software I will post some pictures of some custom touches I did - for example, I'm about to install valve systems to pressurize and add anti freeze to the HVAC and generator using standard brass ball valves, like in other areas of the Rinkers - neat, cost effective and easy.....and after a few previous attempts to re-pressurize the HVAC after cleaning a strainer and we all know from previous postings how that went for me.... a necessary mod. LOL

Bottom line - like all our past Rinkers we love our Rinker EC 360. We got a h*ll of a lot of boat for our money. Best part of all Rinker/Nautic Global stood behind their product.

Regards to all MT

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Glad to hear that everything has worked out for you and your happy with your ride. We all love our Rinker's. They are great boats. Gutta love the fact that Rinker/Nautic Global stand behind their product. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    Nice to hear!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    gener8sgener8s Member Posts: 7
    Michael, did you have to deal with a dealership for any of your warranty issues? I bought a 2014 captiva 196 last fall, and when I took possession this spring, there were a ton of issues. The dealership assures me that everything will be addressed this fall (since nothing actually effect the use of the boat, they didn't want me to lose any time on the water.......), but I must admit I'm not really getting the warm and fuzzys from them.....
    Thx. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G8 - we received our boat in the spring of 2014. Several items that needed to be were addressed within a few weeks. The dealer suggested we leave the rest for the winter of 2014-2015 (last winter) so that we could spend more time in the boat last summer. They promised the work would be done and Rinker & Nautic Global would honor the warranty. Yes, everything I had done went through the dealer to Rinker/Natic Global. I did provide anecdotal information and some pictures to the dealer to pass on to Rinker/Nautic Global but everyone was very professional  and honorable. Rinker/Nautic Global were 100% decent about everything. I have to add that I already trusted the dealer as it was the 5th Rinker I had bought from them and I have always trusted Rinker. If you have any doubts I'd ask some people who have purchased from your dealer what their experiences were. If you have an honest dealer you'll be fine.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,541 mod
    Good review MT.  Thanks for posting your experiences.