Options

Trim tabs? - what size for my Rinker 246?

I want to add trim tabs on my 2013 Rinker 246CC.   I have the 350MAG B3.  Does anybody know what size and brand trim tabs come from the factory?  I fugure they must have done some research and selected an appropriate size.

Does anybody recomend a certain size or brand?

When I look at pictures online of Rinker 246s the trim tabs look like 12" x 12" ish.  They are a lot smaller than what is reommended by trim tab manufactures like Bennett who recomend an inch of span per foot of boat.  That would be like a 24" wide tab for this boat.  I have never seen a 2 foot wide tab on a boat like this.

Any input is appreciated!  Thanks-

Comments

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2007 Captiva 246BR with 350 MAG MPI, BIII. Came with factory installed Lenco trim tabs. They measure 12" x12" and they are very effective. You would not regret adding them to your boat.
  • Options
    2013Rinker246cc2013Rinker246cc Member Posts: 18
    Good to know.  The main reason I want trim tabs is to get the bow down in rough conditions and to lower my planing speed.  I usually have a full boat with most people/weight in the rear so when it is rough out I want to keep my speed down because of the pounding from the waves... but then the bow is way too high.  Do you have any experience with that situation?  Would wider/bigger tabs be better or the 12"x 12" do the job?  thank you.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd go with what has been an oem option from Rinker. They know their hulls and usually match their options up well. Why gamble with the size when it has worked well for past customers? Two 12X12 trim tabs will put a lot of push onto the stern of a 246CC. you will certainly know the difference. On my 226 XL I never had to fully extend them, even with a huge load. Your boat is heavier than my old 226 XL but I bet the 12X12s will be more than adequate. Just my opinion.