Options

Toilet Bowl Stain

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
The previous owner never changed the joker valve on the toilet and as a result has some backflow to the bowl which left a stain in the bowl. I want to soak it in something to hopefully remove the stain or some of it but have to be careful I don't want t damage any tubing or holding tank or gaskets. I am thinking of using simple green. Anyone have any suggestions?
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    I would use ON/Off hull and bottom cleaner. Just put it on a rag and wipe it off, try not to use on any rubber or plastic but should be fine on the bowl itself.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a video where a guy used vinegar.  He soaked paper towels in vinegar and packed them in the stained area and left them for 24 hours.  Then he removed them and scrubbed with a toilet brush.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    White vinegar works good. I also put it in my shower sump. Keeps it nice and clean.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I need something that is OK to be pumped to the holding tank. There's no way to keep the chemical from going to the holding tank unless i pack the bowl we towels or something. I am gonna try to use a diluted solution of Simple Green or vinegar. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd use it straight.  It's no worse than the tank treatment chemicals.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinegar is good but it can pit the surface of anything it is left on too long, even porcelain. Maybe better to do it twice that overdo it once?
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Lyme Away works great but I'd rinse a good bit of water through into your tank when you are done.  It is pretty strong stuff.