Options

Blue moon yacht

checkmatecheckmate Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
I passed this boat yesterday in the Detroit river.   Not a everyday yacht one sees up this way.  It's a 198 footer.  I googled it when I got home and one can rent it for $398000 per week.   Just Google blue moon yacht and take a look.

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful, and last night there was a blue moon!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe we have seen on the St. Lawrence River before. It is something to see. There are a number of these corporate and charter yachts that are pretty cool. One is owned by a cancer fund raising company. Their biggest donors get cruises on it with personal valet service - it docked at a marina I was at. Champagne and caviar dinners. As a Rinker owner I was sure I'd get an invite. It was the summer of 2013 I turned-on my two small underwater led lights. About a half hour later someone turned on its underwater lights that went all around the ship and shone about 30 feet out in all directions. Different tax bracket - I couldn't afford the fenders. LOL
  • Options
    It was a blue moon couple of nights ago.  Kinda funny.   I'm with ya Michael, probably only afford one dock line or 1 minute cruise on it.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Here's a cell phone shot of a blue moon rising over Catalina Island. Sorry, a bit blurry!
    Andy
  • Options
    Nice shot Andy! I think they said the next blue moon would be in 2018?
  • Options
    Yes Michael, as they say, "once in a blue moon!" :)
  • Options
    ...and back to the super yacht, I'm happy for the owner(s). No envy here. Talk about stimulating the economy!

Andy
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 'problem' with that super yacht: you can't drive it yourself.  lol  Would get boring after a few hours of someone else driving and just being a bum in the back.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 'problem' with that super yacht: you can't drive it yourself.  lol  Would get boring after a few hours of someone else driving and just being a bum in the back.
    Very true, but at least you can be a drunk bum in the back!!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    True that aero.   When I head up to harsens island to visit my brother, he loves driving my boat.   It's kinda nice to sit back every once in a while and let someone else do the driving.  He's the only person that drives my boat.   Everyone else in my family is to scarced to dock it.  My family only grew up with ski boats so trying to dock a 34 footer isnt their thing
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Got my brother to drive mine for twenty minutes on the way to cedar point it was nice to relax but it's my baby and I got get my love from her lol 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I understand you both.  This past Friday I had 3 other Rinker captains on board for a little happy hour/sunset/blue moon cruise.  They loved sitting back and relaxing.  I enjoyed driving.  But, I've been in their spot, on their boats and absolutely love it.  I don't think I'd be at ease on my own boat with someone else driving.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    You fill up the tank and I will drive your boat all day long. LOL
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    The Blue Moon was owned by Duchessoius (sp?), owner of Arlington racetrack in IL.  He would dock in Chicago briefly in the summers.  He may have sold it.  
  • Options
    Maybe the price of fuel got to him? Nah.