Options

276 CC Windlass Install Update

Thanks to all those that commented on installing a windlass on my 276, your comments were very helpful. After a few excursions out using the manual method of anchoring I quickly came to the conclusion that a 276 really needs a windlass and decided to get it done now rather than later. I opted for a vertical Lewmar CPC0 windlass with 30 ft of   1/4 in. chain 120 ft of 3 strand rope and a 14 lb Delta anchor. The installation was fairly straight forward and done by the local Rinker dealer. Very pleased with the installation and sure makes anchoring out a lot more enjoyable!

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Professional looking installation!
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! After not having a windlass for years and having one now, it is a joy anchoring with it. I am able to catch hold 98% of the time with the windlass. On my 232cc without a windlass, it would take me 3 or 4 times to have the anchor catch.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Mind sharing the total cost? I have the exact same boat and consider getting one every time i have to anchor in the chop. 
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    AdmiralWGAdmiralWG Member Posts: 12

I had a number of other things done on the boat but my price for the windlass and anchor package installed was approx. 3,500 CAD + tax. I bought my last two boats from this dealer so he gave me what I thought was a good price on the package! I also switched out the factory installed Standard Horizon chart plotter (which I was not impressed with) and replaced it with a Raymarine a67 (love it). The windlass was worth the price, makes anchoring "a piece of cake".  Love the boat!

Question - could you tell me what kind of speed you get out of your boat? I cruise at about 28.5 @ 3000 rpm. Top speed I reached 48.6 so far, trying to get 50?

• Options
    bwgoodwinbwgoodwin Member Posts: 11
    Did they have to custom cut the aluminum plate that is bolted into the compartment, or was it something that was ordered?

I just got a 276, and desire the same setup.  Also what controls/switches did you get?
    276 BR VP 6.0 380HP Duoprop
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine cruises with a normal load of people & fuel at 26-30mph at 3500-3800rpm. Not sure if your 28.5 is kph or mph, if its mph thats faster than mine. I have the 350 MAG Bravo 3.

Mine tops out mid 40's mph again depending on load and how clean/dirty the bottom is.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a foot control - remote helm control too?

Mattie
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    AdmiralWGAdmiralWG Member Posts: 12
    My windlass has the foot controls as well as on the helm!