Options

Matching replacement Tachometer

My tach has stopped functioning and I would like to replace it with a matching one.  I have seen the link on the other page to Faria, but I don't see how to find an exact match.  Do you guys have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Call them they will give you an ID # then you send in your old Tach they will tell you the handling fee. I've done it twice.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    amajamaramajamar Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    Seriously? Is it a rebuild or a replacement? What do they charge for that and what is the approximate turn-around time?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most are a lifetime warranty, which is good as they are not reliable tachs. I replaced both of mine with a twinscan tach and a fuel flow monitor. I have pics if curious.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Does the warranty follow the boat or the owner? I purchased the boat second hand. 
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited April 2013
    Warranty is on the product not the owner seems like it took a couple weeks just call and ask

I have these and other links in RBO archives

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    I have the same problem on my 04 250FV. Also my speedo has moisture in it, I will ask them about that too. Thanks,  this is a big help
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not use this opportunity to install a Mercruiser smart guage. Around $500 installed.  It will tell you fuel consumption, amongst a lot of other info. You will probably save $500 in fuel after that in 1 year! LOL!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    When I first got my boat the tach's were bad. It took almost the whole season to get them back. 4 years later and they act up and not that reliable. The 3 tap rule applies.....LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

After further research it appears that my gauges are made by Teleflex, has anyone had any dealings with these?

2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Bruce, have your gauges been replaced before?  I have an 04 250, as well, and my gauges don't say Faria.  Maybe we have the same set?
  • Options
    It sure looks like we do. I pulled mine out last night and the only makings I could find on them was part numbers. The tach had 100890 on it and the engine gauge had a 100877, the best I can tell from there is they are Teleflex gauges. I have no way of knowing if they have been change since I just bought the boat a month ago. I certianly hope not since one of the reason I bought it was it only shows 80 hours. 
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Interesting.  My boat had 98 hours on the gauge and that was confirmed by the surveyor when hooking up the engine to the computer.  Where are you from and where did you buy your boat?
  • Options

I'm in Kansas and I purchased the boat from the original owner in Wisconsin. You?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    I'm in Mass and bought the boat in NY.  I take it yours was strictly fresh water...
  • Options
    Yes, it was used on Lake Michigan only. I'm guessing yours is a salt water boat? Do you think  that is why you are having the problems you are, on such a low hour boat?
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Probably.  I was told that the boat was not used ENOUGH!  Can't win! 

Hey, maybe you can help with something else. (I hate to go off topic here but..)  Do you know what type of peks waterlines are on the boat?  I am l looking for compatible replacement fittings and can't narrow it down. 
  • Options

That sucks. Low hours are supposed to be good, but not used enough is bad???   That is a no win situation.   I'm sorry I can't help you with the waterlines, luckily I have not had to mess with mine yet.

Good luck

2004 250 FV