Options

underwater lights

mareenivillemareeniville Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

I have bought underwater lights for my 2009 260 ec. I need some info on wiring to the switch that says ACC and it goes to the breaker swim lights under the dash. Where is this swim light wire that i can connect these underwater lights. Would the factory aready have ran this wire.  Would it be in the engine compartment some where? thank you all for helping me. 

Best Answers

• Options
    freimrfreimr Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello

on my 08 330 there was a white connector on the transom just behind the port side engine. The wire is blue/black(24Vdc) and black(0Vdc) connected to the "Swim light" switch

hope this helps

Answers

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Not sure if this helps you. On my 342 there is a stern light for the swim platform you could just tie into that and the wires are right there....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I guess I dont want my stern light on @ the same time. Don't want to have everyone to this this MOON on the way in & out for that midnight dip..If u know what I mean. To Freimr... I have found that white connector. It's on the starboard side of the engine if anybody else needs that info. Thank you all so much. 
  • Options

Now on the underwater lights I have a red and a black wire coming out. What would be the proper way to connect them to this connector .  I don't need to put an inline fuse in do I?

• Options
    Thanks everyone! Put them in and they look GREAT!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

explore7425. That pic looks sweet!

I put the LED drain plug light in.  It looks pretty nice, not as powerful as what you are showing, but it was pretty easy to install and does the job pretty good.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Very sharp looking. The drain LED is good if you have twins. If you have a single outdrive the outdrive will block the light....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Mark, do you have twins? Can you post a pic, I'm curious if it would work on our 340.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    I have a single engine. The glass dome over the LED disperses light to the sides pretty good. I will try to take a pic tonight.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    20captiva0820captiva08 Member Posts: 15
    @markbellino how did you hook up your drain plug light to the acc switch I'm trying to do the same thing on my 192 Captiva and can't get it to work could you help a guy out? Thank you
  • Options
    I have an existing light circuit (courtesy lights) that I took power off of. If you have 12v then the light should work.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    @markbellino how did you hook up your drain plug light to the acc switch I'm trying to do the same thing on my 192 Captiva and can't get it to work could you help a guy out? Thank you
    Can you not just look at all of your other switches and figure out which lug is the switched output?  It should be the uniquely coloured wire on each switch.   Should be pretty straightforward. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Mareeniville, which wire went to which connector?
    Wayne '09 340 EC