Options

Is there a fuse for the shower sump pump?

JPJonesJPJones Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

On my 320 Fiesta the 12V bilge pump with float switch in the shower sump isn't working. When I try the float switch knob nothing happens.  Before replacing the pump I'm looking for a switch or fuse that maybe needs reset but couldn't find any.  Wires to the pump are hidden under the aft bunk--probably from helm? 

My 12V skills are average--any suggestion is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I think it may be in the compartment by the aft door, but yes if I remember correctly it's one of those button-pop fuses.  You could also take a meter and make sure you have 12V there before you go any further.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know crap about power, but, the one thing I have learned is when something electric don't work, check at what don't work, and work backwards....
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

I had same problem about a year ago. I found it was the float switch that was bad. I found new float switch on line and everything fine since replacing. A bit of a pain to replace.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Could bypass the float switch first. But checking for a tripped breaker or a blown fuse is always the easiest place to start. If you have a meter then thats probably the most accurate way and fastest!
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3