Options

Light High pitch sound

sanstephsansteph Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
 as i turn my key to the on position for my left motor you usually hear two beeps and then i turn the keybto start the engine. I have noticie also  a veryblight high pitch sound when input turn the key on...i think before once i turned on the key tonstart the engine this lipsmall sound was going away but now this smal high pitch sound remain even after the engine is started.

it s really not that loud but still annoying...any idea of what that might be.?...again the noise start the moment i turn th key on (even before the engine is started) and just keep going once the engine is started.
Marvel
Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Need to know what year your boat is and what engines you have. Could be the fuel pump if you have mpi......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    It is a rinker 320 express cruiser 2008, two volvo 5.7   .  I went back this morning to try to see where this very light sound was coming from , I have open the area where the engine is , turn on the key....could hear the very light high pitch noise but it s not coming from the engine.... the noise seems to be coming from the console near to where the key area is .   went for a short ride with the boat...everything seems to be working well.
    Marvel
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Is your stereo on? It could be coming from your speakers. I had a similar high pitched whine and it was interference from the ignition.
    Andy
  • Options
    Mmmm good question...I will try to turn it off. how did you remove the interference?
    Marvel
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I believe I have had a similar high pitched sound from time to time.  I could not find anything that was not working correctly or was deteriorating so I ran the boat with no problems.  The sound went away every time after the engines were started and it became totally silent for at least a few months before I replaced the engines in 2013.  Same engines that you have, Volvo 5.7s.  New engines are also 5.7 Volvo's.  BTW the replacement engines are awesome.  There is no comparison with the originals.

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    Thanks, I open the panel where the keys are to look behind...there are two red plastic sensor of some sort and one of them (which those these two beeps when you put your key on) was doing this light high pitch sound even after the engine were turned on...no idea why as everything looked ok. This being said, to your point TonyWalker, it stopped by itself yesterday.  weird....
    Marvel