Options

R.I.P RBO :(

MadcowMadcow Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
It is sad to see RBO gone..... but I see some familiar faces here.

Boat: 2004 232 Capitva CC

Boat Name: Mixed Nutz

Post edited by Babyboomer on

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    A lot of our RBO Family are here and more coming everyday  :):)>-

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Yes, we will live on over here.  I think over time and thru communications, things will continue to pick up and get better. Steve has been doing a great job getting things working smooth! ;)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Welcome Madcow...our goal is to give you guys a place to keep on doing your thing and get the answers you need without having to deal with all the spam nonsense & IT issues. We appreciate the time you all spent building RBO and hope one day we can build up a similar following. Feel free to shoot me any ideas or suggestions, and I'll do my best to make 'em happen.
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Hi. I don't know if it is still true, but when I joined this forum last year you were required to be a Rinker owner and have a Rinker HIN to prove it. That is indeed a nice way to keep out the "riff-raff", but it can also keep out potential Rinker buyers. I know that I spent a bit of time on the RBO prior to buying my Rinker. I also know that I joined a Crownline owner forum at the same time as I was also looking at a Crownline. I am still participating in the Crownie HQ forum as they are a great bunch and they have a number of members who don't own Crownlines (mostly former owners who stayed with the group even after they moved on in terms of boat for one reason or another). Anyway, that was a long way of asking if you still have to be a Rinker owner before you can join this group?

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I joined without using a HIN.  Heck, they let rift raft like me in! :))

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    There goes the neighborhood...;)

I understand what nhsd is saying about keeping spammers at bay but I was looking for objective input last year and found the feedback I needed to sift the whiners from substance at RBO because it was objective. I wouldn't waste my time here if I thought it was only a one sided shoe shine of glad handed sales hype.

As for screening, I guess I trust the host/bouncer to know what'll work without stifling growth as he's the one who has to find the balance and clean up the mess if it's too loose at the door. On the other hand that last round at our former watering hole became a free-for-all of neglect that burned down the house. **** it was Faaarre. And, ain't nobody got time for that.....;)
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't even need to join to browse the messages. Without a login you can browse as a guest. So everything is accessible by the world wide web. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    TRUE but you have to belong to post
    ;)

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Its very sad to see the RBO go down like it did. to bad we could not just take the old RBO and download it here. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Hey raybo...glad you're here. Boomer is working away to rebuild the RBO Archives (limited only by my suspect tech skills). 

BTW...you do NOT need to enter your HID any more, but you do need to register to post as Boomer said. This forum has some incredible spam-fighting technology, and I'm sure you guys will flame-out trolls and other nasties as a community. 
  • Options

Hi Steve

I am glad to be here. Boomer has added me as a moderator. Its an honor to help out this site and working with great people. I am not sure if you saw the old site. But IMO the Rinker people are the best and together we will make this site even better.

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Ray...I followed the old site closely, and as I've told some of the other RBO vets, we genuinely appreciated everything (even the more critical stuff) that you guys were doing. In fact, I bet if you poked your head into any new Rinkers over the boat show season, you may even have recognized some design improvements directly related to some of your old posts. 

It's great to be able to establish this new platform for you guys to do your thing again. Proud of the way Rinker stepped in to do this. More importantly, proud of the way they support the idea of me staying out of the way as much as possible, so you all can hopefully capture the old magic!
  • Options

Steve thanks for the reply. I am sure once word gets out that we are back this forum will be as successful as the old RBO or even more so with a site that runs better and better maintained. I went to the Boston boat show but the biggest Rinker was a 27....

• Options
    Tsquare said:
    The site is better, But I am still having trouble posting on several discussions.  Anyway, I am here and will be on and off.  This is a very busy time of year.  Hopefully, the discussions will grow.  Al
    Glad your staying Al you wouldn't believe how many people ask where's Al if you see something that need changed give us a yell

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    I've found this site too, LeMeez on the old RBO.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    Hey LeMeez welcome to the RBOC home of the new RBO......
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Captain Steve. Glad you guys are monitoring we owners concerns. I've bought five rinkers now and either they're good boats or I'm stupid. Here's one good change made recently by Rinker. My wife loved the addition of a cutlery drawer to the galley of our 2013 EC 310. Happy wife..... Then we have the issues of the 110 volt plugs in the EC 310 - or to be accurate, the lack of them. It is the only new Rinker cruiser that doesn't have 110 volt plugs in either the cockpit area (big, big mistake) or aft berth. I spoke with Randy and his response was "we dropped the ball".......Okay, that was obvious - so what was Rinker going to do? Short answer - nothing. The cruiser arrived months after the conversation with no 110 v plugs in the areas mentioned. Anyone listening? Mission accomplished -my marina installed the 110 volt plugs on "clean" dedicated runs (instead of just extending lines from the head) with each plug being a marine quality GFI. The cost in materials was peanuts - less than $50.00 per line plus, of course, labor - which is always more expensive after the build. The result priceless. So...we'll see if Rinker takes note and makes changes You guys at Rinker are wise to listen to us. We LIVE in our boats and we BUY them in the first place. That should make US a cheap but INVALAUBLE test marketer's dream!  
  • Options
    TsquareTsquare Member Posts: 47 ✭✭
    The problem is now, nobody is real world testing the boats.  Actually living on the boat on the weekends, and boating like the average boater does.  We used to leave for Erie every other weekend and test and evaluate.  Too bad things had to change.   Al
    Undercover,  Alswagg
  • Options
    JMGINWV342JMGINWV342 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Glad to find you guys from RBO over here.
  • Options
    Glad to find you guys from RBO over here.

• Options
    Hey Michael...so glad you're here! As you've discovered, it's not an exact science, but we always learn from you guys. Happy to hear that you got the receptacle issue resolved...and that your wife is happy! Normally there will be a 110v around the refreshment center, but it sounds like certain models wound up not having that (per Randy's comment to you). We hear you guys loud and clear!
  • Options
    MadcowMadcow Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    I vote Al has to change his name back to Alswagg, only seems right!

Boat: 2004 232 Capitva CC

Boat Name: Mixed Nutz

• Options
    As long as he's here he can call his self what ever he wants but when Supper time comes around call him all. ;)