Options

AC on my 2007 280 EC

jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
So this is my first boat with AC in it. Boat does not have a genny so the AC only runs when connected to shore power. I turn the AC on and it runs until it meets set point. It meets set point and then turns off. I turn the set point down a couple more degrees (have the cabin door open going in and out) from 70 to 68. And the unit does not kick on which seems like for a special timed amount. I haven't time it but it seems like its between a half hour to an hour to where it won't kick on. Is this normal

I originally thought the strainer was plugged which was causing it to ice up, but I checked the strainer and it wasn't bad at all, still cleaned it though. Ran it again Friday night and it does the same thing. 

Any insight would be much appreciated. 
Boat Name: Knot A Worry
2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have to drop it 3 degrees but I think there is a setting in the programming for the differential degree setting. Do you have the manual for the thermostat? 
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Try setting it more than 2 degrees. If I remember correctly,  these units are set up with  +/- 2 degrees before they start.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    I have tried doing it more than 2 degrees. I had it set to 65 one night and it ran for probably about 45 minutes to an hour and then shut off. and the display switched from the temperature (65 degrees) to 55 and then 54, 53, 52 and then back up again. Weird. This weekend I had it set to 70 while we were sleeping and it would reach set point and then shut off. The temperature would rise over 70 and it wouldn't turn back on for another 45 min or an hour.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a bad T stat
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Thats what I was beginning to think LOL. I work for a mechanical contractor. I should know these things haha. Any idea where to get one?
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok you talk about setpoint but what is the t stat saying thr temp is before it turns back on? Also yes if thr compressor shuts off there is a cool off period to prevent an over pressure trip. You can change the duration of the cool off period.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    does the ambient temperature it displays seems correct? I was having all sorts of issues with mine when I first purchased and did not think ambient temperature was something you could set- it ran to cold and to hot. When I fixed the temperature, it ran fine.....I would start there before I thought something was bad.....