Options

232 Captiva w/Platform Cover

MadcowMadcow Member Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
edited June 2013 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum

I am looking to have a boat cover made for my 2004 Captiva 232 CC.

Anyone have any ideas where to look? I would like to go from bow to swin platform.

I have the custom fit cover but want to cover more than cockpit..

Boat: 2004 232 Capitva CC

Boat Name: Mixed Nutz

Post edited by Madcow on

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Are you talking about a cover like this... 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were down here I'd take it to my local canvas gal(Coastal canvas in Cortez, Fl) and have her add an extension(s) to fit my need. I guess I'm saying if it's in good shape and you live near a canvas shop they might have ideas that might not seem apparent and it might work fine. 

Have a great season, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Perfect MVN.

I ordered a new cover today. Goes from bow to platform :)

I order this one:

Westland Custom Boat Cover #RK6757

Post edited by Madcow on

• Options
    hutch1311hutch1311 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    How did the cover from Westland work out?  I have the same boat and am interested in the same type of cover.
  • Options
    Very nice cover, love it. But it seems a little short in the back corner. I have to pull real hard to get it over the corner of the platform then the other corner pops off. Working with I boats to get it resolved. Great cover tho. The boat is way cleaner then when I use the stock cockpit cover. I have pics of it on my boat if you want to see it.

• Options
    Pics would be Great!  Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    Hutch, would need your email to send them. I don't know how to display them on here

• Options
    hutchjw1118@gmail.com

Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Pictures sent.

The cover is awesome just doesn't fit comfortably on one corner of the swim platform. To be honest I love this cover so much if I cant get this resolved I am going to still keep it.

Working with Westland/iBoats now to get a resolution. Westland said it is made specifically for this boat and the reason it does not fit in the corner is because I don't have it strapped down. doesn't make sense to me but cannot argue it as I haven't strapped it down yet. The boat is an hour from my house so I will look into this.

This is the one I bought (Sharkskin Supreme SD):

http://boatcovers.iboats.com/Rinker/232_Captiva_(1994-2004)_Westland-RK6737/9627/?cart_id=314474674#FabricDescriptions

• Options
    Well, it turns out that the cover does fit nice and snug. There was a draw string that I didn't think would affect anything but it does. Once I loosened it the cover fits, tight but fits.

• Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @Madcow ... several different ways to attach pics. You should see "Attach A File" in the lower left of the text box you type in. With that you can select any file (photo, video, pdf, etc.). You can also click on the "Insert Image" box on the tool bar above the text box and include a link to any online photo site you have (Flikr, Picasa, Shutterfly, etc.). You can also take the easiest path of all and simply drag a pic from your computer to your text box. Hope that helps!
  • Options

Well what do you know... thx Steve.

Here is my baby with her new sports coat.

• Options
    Robyw1Robyw1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Very nice cover, I would like one like that but with provisions for a wakeboard tower.
  • Options

I called them to have a modified one for the bimini and they said they just make per Rinkers drawings of the boat.

So I just lower the bimini. You could buy one and have it customized or have a custom one made.

• Options
    hacknputthacknputt Member Posts: 4
    I have a 232 bowrider. Anyone suggest bimini that will cover more of the cockpit and backseat area?