Options

Boats selling? No action on mine......

PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
No calls. and two e-mail questions in 2 days. I thought at this price people would be tripping over themselves 

http://sandusky.craigslist.org/boa/5164085944.html

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Very nice looking boat.... Good luck with the sell......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    I'm guessing there aren't many shoppers this time of year.  Most people looking for a boat have already either found it or decided to wait until next year.

It does look like a nice boat at a good price.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Give it time. You only need one buyer. With most high ticket items I've sold most inquiries are just that - inquiries, tire kickers, looky-loos, whatever. Don't get discouraged. In my experience it has always been pretty clear when the eventual buyer calls, you can sense they are excited and what you have is what they are looking for.

Andy
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat! Where did you get the cutting board? I want one!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful boat!  Wish you the best on the sale! I have the same boat in Eastlake OH  and have to ask who did the plasdeck floors?  They came out beautiful!  Thanks
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great looking boat, custom touches and very clean. Anyone can see it has been well looked-after. I agree with other posts, you will get a buyer. The economy still has people spooked but your boat should move at that condition and price!
  • Options
    I did the floor and steps. We never used the stove and with a glass top it seemed to just take up counter space. I used the same wood as the steps. Cut the wood to fit and took to a local CNC sign maker. For $50 he cut the Rinker logo.

• Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    Wish you would have been selling it in April!! Lol we just bought our 250ec in April.  I would have been all over your boat! Not sure you'll sell it within your week time frame, but it will sell! Good luck
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    She'll sell but as others said getting late in the season around here. Thinking of putting mine up for sale late winter early spring. Good luck with sale 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you advertising? I bought both my boats off craigs list.....and when I sold one, craigs list...
  • Options
    06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Can you repost the link?  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    i took it off the market. didnt have the time to sell it right now
  • Options
    May I ask what you were selling it at?
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
  • Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭

I am guessing the time of year is hurting you. I live just outside Chicago so I am in a similar climate as you. I initially started boat shopping in late March of this year, the first several boats that caught my eye(both private and dealers) were sold when I called, it seemed I may never find my boat. I had a couple things come up so I put the boat shopping on temporary hold. In early August I decided to start my boat shopping again. There was a way more inventory and based on some of the prices I was seeing the sellers seemed more motivated. I ended up getting a great deal(several thousand under NADA value) about 3 weeks ago on my Rinker. I guess spring is a sellers market and late summer, early fall is a buyers market.

Good luck with the sale.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Absolutely true.  I got a great deal because I bought in November 2014, right before seller was about to pay for winterizing, haul out, etc.  Totally sucks waiting the winter to use your new toy but it was worth the money I saved.

Conversely,  I sold my Silverton in late October for a significant amount more than I purchased the boat in August 2013.  I was extremely persistent on keeping ads running and top of the list.  Sold on Craigslist.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I've both bought and sold mine in springtime.  I sold both of my boats using craigslist, but advertised wherever I could.  What sold both of mine was having the boat ready to be test rode at a moment's notice. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express