Options

Motor to lift engine hatch

anyone know where I can buy a new motor to lift engine hatch on 342 I had it rebuilt once and it's moving so slow again could not find a new one that's why I had it rebuilt 
2002 Rinker FV 342

Comments

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Did you try this company.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are virtually worthless to 'overhaul'.  Spend your money if you want, but it is a waste.  You need to replace the whole thing as an assembly.  Acculift is OK, the product takes up a lot of room and pulls high amps.  You can go with a better solution as long as it is ignition protected..all you need to know is voltage, AC/DC and voltage, stroke length, force (pounds) rating and the inches/sec travel speed (not a big deal for this application).  That one is 12VDC, 24" stroke, 250#

You can get better ones with built in stroke limiters (running to end of stroke is NOT good).  Even ones with amp monitors that prevent the actuator from retracting and say crushing a limb. 

www.warnerlinear.com

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Lenco also make actuators
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Yeah I have one for my rear hatch that is giving issues.  I need to buy one as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's another thing I love about the 400s you can put a small car in that transom locker, geez its big!
  • Options
    I hear ya MT.  I currently have 4large fenders, 8hp outboard, inflatable SUP, large anchor with 150ft rode, (usually inflatable kayak, UT it is under vberth for front weight for our trip).  That doesn't include all stuff under rear seat which is all connected.  Gotta love it!

• Options
    My transom locker is green with envy!
  • Options
    BTW, I found the issue with my rear hatch.  After tearing apart the motor and checking the bushings, all was fine.  I then checked voltage at the motor, hmm.  Checked it at the switch, was fine.  Ohmed the wire, missing one.  Under the engine hatch, one of the wires was pulled from a connection.  All is working well now!

• Options
    Nice catch - that would be about $100 in labor at the dealer to find.
  • Options
    thanks! Probably would've been $200, cause I was about to have the motor refurbished for$100, then another hundred to find the wire. 

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty shure my problem is the bearings in the ram that lifts not the motor 
    2002 Rinker FV 342