Options

NEED HELP FAST! (solved, acting like a rookie!)

duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Electrical Discussions
we have a week long trip planned for Norris lake that were leaving on friday for and boat won't start!! i have no spark of of the coil wire feeding the distributor. with key on, i have no volts at the plug feeding the module? what am i supposed to have with key on? does it only get 12v when cranking? thanks in advance. i did notice the main plug on the rear of the engine has a connection issue so i am going to pull that apart and clean and check it now. this boat ran and started fine all season, parked it after the 4th of july and now no start. 2006 250ec with 5.7 osi-ef engine. thanks
Post edited by duane.mosley on

Comments

• Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    ok, the panic is over! lol i just spent the last two weeks buffing and waxing every inch of this boat, cockpit too. i knocked the engine safety switch off. all is good! panic over. lol
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It happens to the best of us!!!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Been there, done that!!! And, I'm sure, will be again.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here....my cord got tangled on my shifter and when I backed down the shifter, it pulled the cord and shut down the motor....took me about 30 mins of panic to figure it out....
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I've done it too! Same situation - detailing the boat inside & out, cleaning & polishing every square inch. Next time out, on the ramp, boat would not fire. Engine turned over, but would not catch. Took it to a local marina and the tech guy casually looks in the cockpit and says to me, "Your kill switch is flipped." EMBARRASSING!
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited August 2015
    Same thing happened to a neighbour who was selling his 192.  He detailed the inside just before a prospective buyer was to come over.  Buyer gets there and guess what...... no start!   Needless to say, the buyer walked.   Neighbour's wife calls me the next day in a panic and angry at hubby!   I walk over.... "Your kill switch is tripped!" 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    On the list of dumb***.
    Our first boat was a 19' Bayliner Cuddy (Shaddup!).
    One the first times we pulled her out of Lake Chelan I couldn't get the skeg to stop grinding on the pavement. I stopped and and hit the "up" on the trim switch a couple times.
    I stopped at a boat shop looking for help. Guy walked over and pushed the switch past the indent and the stern drive came right up.