Options

Boat Lifts

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have a 342 on a lift? If so I need to know if a 14 foot or 16 foot cradle is needed.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I thought they meant the length of the cradle and not the width? 
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Yes , I thought the same thing.
    Why would a 14 foot wide cradle have only an inch to spare on each side of a 12 foot beam?
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Oops..disregard my post, please. I thought it was an inch and not a foot.
    No easy jokes please!!! 
    LOL
  • Options
    I need to reach the hull while standing on the dock
  • Options
    So a 15 foot wide cradle would be ok???
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Yes, wrap around dock, 20K lift and Cover 40 feet long. The boat opening in the dock is 15 feet wide. I will try to post a picture
  • Options
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Handy, that pic looks identical to my Father's last place in cape coral.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, that is sweet! To be able to walk out back, drop the boat and go......that is a great area down there, so far since I have been boating, my favorite area.  Don't know how much time you have spent there and exactly your boating style- just a little north is where I spent vacations for 4 years- Cayo Costa is absolutely beautiful. There are some docks on the back side that are private but access from the beach side is good also- we went there two years, then to Upper Captiva and the first trip was Little Gasperialla Island, all of which are boat access only. Super cool area and hope to go back down that way but also want to explore some other areas-your in a great boating spot and I would like to explore more south of where your at as well.
  • Options
    Yes, soon I will be diving for scallops and lobsters. 
  • Options
    hmmm.....not sure that area is great for either but perhaps and hopefully I'm wrong! We went up a little north to Crystal River for scallops- about the only place I know of where they are in abundance. Not sure about the lobster at all. When you get moved down perhaps we can share some notes as I really want to get back over that way. Not to many coastal areas of Florida not full of blight, that area is about it unless you go up into the panhandle. Great choice!
  • Options
    How about down towards the keys Ras?
  • Options
    Have not been but on the list....I want a little more experience under my belt before heading to the keys-but I know if you check You Tube, there is an abundance of video with incredible lobster and fishing. I have seen in the bay behind Cayo Costa news reports of the state doing counts of the scallops there but not aware of people going after them. Apparantly, that river that goes up into your area also goes over to Lake Ookeechobee. Fresh water is released for flood control which makes the scallops go away....that area is supposed to be fantastic fishing but I don't fish much. Really nice area and going south to the keys has to be equally good but it does get remote.