Options

Seat cushoins

Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
Please forgive what may be a stupid question...
We are the original owners of a 2005 FV 250,  about 200 hours.
The seat on the port side above the aft berth; is it permanently attached? Velcro?  Double sided tape?
I tried pulling it up the other day and it seemed "tight". Thought I heard fabric tearing or velcro "undoing". I stopped because I did want to do any damage.
Has anyone removed this cushion?

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    On my 2001 242 the seat on the port side is velcroed down, you should be able to pull it up. The back rest is held on by clips and a couple of buttons. Undo the buttons and pull up on the back rest and it should come off. I remember when I first pulled up the seat cushon it was stuck down pretty good. Hopefully your 250 is set up the same way.
    Post edited by aero3113 on
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you figure this out, please post here so we know what to do in the future.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    The lower cushion on the FV 250 is secured with hook & loop tape, AKA Velcro. The backrest cushion is held on by hook-like fasteners. To remove it, put two hands widely spaced at either end under the bottom of the backrest and give it a sharp tug upwards.

Andy
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    And yes, I do believe there are also a couple of snaps on the backrest that are easily unfastened.

Andy
  • Options
    Dan4754Dan4754 Member Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Confirmed today what others have said.
    2 each 2 inch wide strips of velcro under the seat. Seat backs hang on brackets with snap tabs at the bottom of each end.
    THANKS!
    (Wasn't horrible under there after 10 years!)