Options

Smartcraft using Northstar Explorer 557

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

OK, I know I spoke of this a while back on my 310.  & then again using vessel view on my current boat.  Well, this past Friday I installed the Northstar 557 on a buddy's boat (342) and connected it up exactly as I remember doing on my old 310.  All seemed good, even took the tool and changed the ID of the engines to read Port and STBD.  Well, nothing!  I could not get it to see RPM, oil pressure...nothing!  I know it was pretty simple when I connected it up a few years ago.  & that boat was a 2002, this one is a 2004. 

What am I missing?  I put the terminated end towards the engine and used a 6-port hub in the dash area with no terminations there, but just the dust caps removed from the engine.  Also used the smartcraft gateway & all 3 lights were on like they should be.

(hmmmmm....Steve, I don't see the smiley face things to insert on the new discussion page)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Hey Dream I am not familiar with this however I think Rinker pre-wired the boats for Smartcraft around that 2004 time frame. Maybe this is why your running into this problem. Maybe Steve or Al (where are you) could help. Good luck bro and keep us posted.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    They actually had it in 2002 because I did the same connection on my 310 and it worked well.  I messed with it again this past weekend and no luck. :((

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express