Options

Problem with engine hatch on 260

MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
has anyone had a problem with the engine hatch closing on a new 260 express cruiser.  Its like the hatch dosen''t completely close?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be an actuator problem, mounted incorrectly or if it has limit switches, they are set wrong.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

Black Diamond,

I happend to trip over this site.  I was going through withdraw by not being able to find the old gang. 

My dealer is working on the issue I am hoping to take delivery in a couple of weeks

Mikes342

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Downsizing from your 342?  Hopefully most of the old guard finds this.  I got lucky searching around and found some facebook postings I could see (I don't Facebook).

Bummer that Talon let the site die, we had all known it was coming for the last year or two.  So much info lost.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    @mikes342, welcome!  Glad you found us over here!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hatch on my '04 270 never quite seems to seat all the way down either. Maybe just a 1/8" on one corner. Just enough that it bugs me but not enough to shim it either.

I'm more concerned with the shallow gutter under the engine hatch that lets water overflow onto the genset control box. Maybe both will be solved with a 6' piece of garage door stripping....yet another future project as my season winds down in the tropics.

Always glad to see seasoned Rinker owners find their way over. Hope your new ride is everything you'd want. We love our 270 for a number of reasons. Maximum size for the value being a priority.

Have a great season. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hydraulic arm has a level setting clamp at the top. You may have to adjust the clamp so it pulls a little tighter? Not sure. It should sit flush.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    the boat went back to the factory.  I am sure they will fix it there.  I found the problem before the delivery and my dealer had problems trying to fix it.  Great Dealer Happy Days Boating, Port Clinton Ohio
  • Options
    Boat returned from th factory.  They repaired the engine hatch and a couple of other issues.  I was very pleased with the repairs.  Their Factory rep kept me informed about the progress on a daily basis.  Outstanding Job Rinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!