Options

Fuel sending unit

planesailingplanesailing Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
does anyone know where the fuel sender unit is on a 242? My fuel gauge sometimes reads fuel level and sometimes doesn't. It is currently showing empty despite having almost full tank. I suspect faulty fuel sender unless anyone has any other suggestions to try first.

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Open your engine hatch, if you look straight down near the forward bulkhead you will see the aft end of the tank sticking out. Right on top of the tank you will see where the sender is installed.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    If you end up replacing the unit please let me know which one you use. Mine will read only 3/4 full when I'm topped off. I'm planning on replacing mine over the off season.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    planesailingplanesailing Member Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Thanks aero I'll let you know how I get on. Is it located to the right or left of the fuel shut off valve do you know?
  • Options
    I don't have a fuel shutoff valve on my boat. If you look straight down it should be right there (in front of the crank shaft pulley). If you can't find it I'll take a picture this week when I get down to the boat. I wonder if mine is set up different because I know the previous owner replaced the tank. Let me know how you make out.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    brandonmayberrybrandonmayberry Member Posts: 226 ✭✭
    Should be located in the very center front of the engine compartment in front of the engine itself. There should be a large silver ledge in front of your engine bay which is your fuel tank. There will be a round spot on there in the very center of that with some screws. That is your fuel sending unit. I think it was 4 screws holding it down. Might be some wires or wire grommets over the top.