Options

Are wires from Acc-buttons already pulled to somewhere around the engine-room ? 260EC

oysti82oysti82 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2015 in Electrical Discussions
Planning on mounting some underwaterlights, and some external lights. And was wondering if there already was pulled wire from the dash to the engine-room ? And wich colors are they ?
Was planning on using 2 of the ACC-buttons.
Boat is a -08 260EC

Best Answer

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Yes. One of them is prewired for the swim light, which was an option. Another one is prewired for a washdown pump, which was also an option on the boat. The third one is just wired to the switch.

The swim light should be in the wiring harness at the back of the boat, terminated with a molex connector, on the left rear side of the engine when looking at the engine facing the rear of the boat. The positive wire color should be blue with a light blue tracer.

The washdown pump should be on the same side, but towards the front of the engine by the fresh water tank. The positive wire color should be red with a brown tracer.

The negative on both of these should be black.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

Answers

• Options
    Great. Engineroom of these boats are not the best place to be for a 2m tall guy.
    But sure makes it easier when you know where and what to look for.

My boat was delivered new for norwegian market, and I belive some of the setup is a bit different. I got my wasteholding tank on the stb side, and fresh water on port side.
    But I would assume the 12V wiring harness to be pretty much the same.

So both wires on stb side then, swim light to the back of the boat. And washdown pump ahead of my wasteholding tank then.

Thanks for the help.

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance the wiring is the same on the 342?  I was wondering where those wires went.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

On my 260EC, I used one of the ACC buttons. I believe there is a green wire that we picked up towards the back on the starboard side.

I would simply find loose harnesses or terminated wires in the back of the engine compartment and use a multi meter to pickup which switch energizes those wires. That's how we found ours.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    I found several unused plugs for cockpit lights bit earlier when i put in some engine-room lightning. Connected the eningeroom-lights to cockpit-light-circuit.

Also found what I believe is the swim-light-plug at the back on stb side, thing is I cannot find it on the back of the switches. So either the wire changes color somewhere on the way back, or it simply is not connected to the switch.
    Used a multi meter, but there were nothing. Tried all 3 ACC switches.
    Found the Red/brown wire behind a ACC-switch, but cannot find it in the engine compartement.
  • Options
    This is the back of the ACC-switches.
    The 3 middle swithces in the image is the ACC's. The one in the middle is the only switch with a wire in the "bottom slot" (red with brown tracer). 

The ones on each side of it only has wire in 1st and 3rd "slot". So i guess the 4th slot is supposed to be the wire going to the lights/equippment controlled by the switch ?
    The blue and black i get, 12V and ground. The orange ones with different tracers, are they for the fuses ? 
    And as far as I can see the middle one is the only one with a wire going anywhere then..? So I would need to find where it ends and use it for some exterior lights, and also pull another wire from one of the switches to the engine-compartement to be used for the underwater-lights.
    Does that seem about right ?
  • Options
    JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    Can I run my search ligh to the back of the boat to one of the acc switches
    I have a 2008 260 EC     Green on the stabord side??????
  • Options
    Once it goes behind the helm it will be hard to follow. Just get a a multimeter and test continuity on the loose wireally you found by turning on ACC switch.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Getting  the wire from the bow of the boat through the rail to the motor carpartment ???? Any tips  thanks
  • Options
    John you should start a new thread to not hijack the original posters topic. Anyhow my search light on my 260 EC has probably 12 or 14 gauge wire. I don't think I would run that power through an ACC switch. I think they can take a few amps at 12V. My search light is on its own switch that came with the light. In fact the switch is a remote control unit. The light has its own internal switch and is wired directly to power.  

The remote is battery powered.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options